Paraffin wax treatments are luxurious spa treatments that are intended to moisturize and soften the skin. Paraffin wax treatments are most often applied to the hands/ feet as a treatment. It is a soft wax which melts lower than normal temperature. I usually melt blocks of paraffin wax in a special paraffin wax pot. During paraffin wax treatments, I don’t dip clients’ hands or feet into the melted wax (because of hygienic reasons), I wrap the paraffin wax feet/hands with towels dipped in warm wax a layer after another to coat the skin in a generous layer. The hands or feet are then wrapped in plastic, then wrapped in boots/mitts.Benefits of Paraffin wax treatments:
- Soothe chronic arthritis joint pain
- Relax stiff muscles, warm muscles before therapeutic exercise
- Relieve dryness from repeated hand-washing,tired, overworked hands,very dry skin
- Great addition in dry skin facial (paraffin facials).
- The treatments are warming and because they provide a great deal of moisture to dry and cracked skin.
- The treatments are meant to be soothing, calming oils are often added to the wax in order to add a dimension of aromatherapy to the experience. Lavender is one of the most popular essential oils known for its relaxing effects. People who experience season dry skin often find paraffin wax treatments to be helpful and relaxing preventative measures.